Wednesday, October 10, 2007

After a month.

Reasons why I am still easily pegged as either an outsider, or an American.
1. I don´t wear all black, every day
2. I wear shorts at the gym
3. I go to the gym (being a female this is a bit unusual apparently)
4. I don´t smoke
5. I haven´t figured out how to weave my way through sidewalk traffic to avoid all the smoke
6. I don´t have bangs, a mohawk, mullet, dreadlocks, or a rat tail.
7. I do wear my hair in braids
8. I walk up the escalator
9. I smile. A lot.
10. I use the monthly metro pass.
11. I don´t use my umbrella unless it is actually raining
12. I prefer lined paper
13. I don´t drink coffee
14. I don´t talk during class, when the professor is talking
15. I ask questions in class, or go to office hours
16. I am never late to class
17. I don´t eat mayonnaise on my salad, chicken, or french fries (or anything for that matter)
18. I still squirm when eating vinegar saturated vegetables
19. I don´t own a pair of casual sneakers
20. I am actually have a personal space bubble
21. I´m blonde, naturally
22. I eat or drink while walking on the sidewalk
23. I am uneasy with the silence on the metro
24. I prefer not to go grocery shopping, every day
25. I like to use soap and paper towels when I wash my hands
26. I am accustomed to having toilet paper in the bathrooms
27. I understand every song that comes on the radio in the grocery stores or at the gym, because they are all in English
28. I am tall. Taller than most men here.
29. I don´t like ham, cheese, eggs, or seafood--the most common food here
30. I actually like it here, and am happy to be here. I feel like I am the only one!

No comments: