Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Deusto

Not only does my family not speak English, but there are very few international students who speak English as their first language as well. When I went to take my entrance exam this morning, we were a bit confused as to which room it was in. Through process of elimination (one room had no blond students in it) we opted for the other room, and later found out that the first room was for the Spanish students retaking their exams that they had failed in the Spring. How nice to be able to retake an exam if you fail. At least I have that security blanket going in.

For lunch, Lindsey, Terese, Terese´s roommate (Reizchlein), and I went out for a real Spanish meal. We each had a paella which is a rice based dish with various toppings in it. The didn´t have the chicken paella in stock, so I opted for the vegetable paella plate instead. It was quite good, a recipe I will have to learn.

After we decided to walk through the old city, which has small shops, narrow streets, and big churches. After exhausting our legs, we opted to see the view of the city from a nearby park which has a bridge that has quite a nice aerial view. The park also has a full turf field, which will be quite nice if I can gather enough people to play soccer. Speaking of soccer, I am off to my park to see if a pick-up game is underway.

All is well in Denmark.

No comments: