Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Deusto

I felt rather reassured today at orientation, when I understand every instruction and piece of information given during the hour and a half meeting. We learned how to register for classes, which doesn´t occur until the end of October. Which essentially means I will officially be registered to take my classes for next semester in Richmond, before I am official here in España. The class selection process is a bit different. I have to go to every department that I am interested in, and see the class offerings and times. I then have to get each class approved by the department chair. However, I am allowed to "class shop", as classes begin the 1st of August. I have three weeks to decide if I like my classes, or if I want to keep looking for better ones. I think this system and I will get along quite well.

After today´s orientation, it was time for my first museum. On Wednesday´s, there is a classical art museum, that is free. Free is a good thing. The first exhibit was a bit too graphic and violent for my taste, about the feminist movement. However, the latter paintings and sculptures were much more what I would consider classical European art. As it took nearly two hours to cover the first floor, we decided since indeed the museum was free every Wednesday that Pisacco and his generation could wait for another day.

The weather has been splendid. Tomorrow we have an excursion to the coastal region of Spain to learn about the impact that the ocean has had on Spain (I think). For now, I am off to help mi señora prepare dinner. Hasta Luego!

No comments: